Currently, Aeratis is the only product that is approved and warranted for use in a waterproof installation. Aeratis will warranty the product will perform as outlined on this website and all marketing material. We cannot warrant that your project will be 100% waterproof because we cannot warrant the craftsmanship of the contractor who does the work. Please keep in mind, to ensure that you are able to have a successful waterproof installation, it is very important for you to follow the recommendations for the water proof installation. Below are a couple of reminders for the most critical aspects for creating a successful waterproof installation.
- Make sure the framing and substrate are sloped at a rate no less than 1/4″ per foot.
- Make sure your membrane will gasket the fasteners that penetrate it.
- Never try to float a frame or system over a membrane. The pressure treated wood will warp and become unsightly.
- You must fasten Aeratis to an acceptable substrate. Please know, plywood is not an acceptable substrate. Either use a sleeper or you must fasten to the joist system through the plywood and membrane (3″ screws should be used if you are not using sleepers). The sleepers can be 3/4″, 5/4″ or 1-1/2″ or as thick as you would like. Keep in mind, if you use a sleeper less than 7/16″ your screws could penetrate the membrane.
- Make sure the membrane turns up the wall far enough to stop water from getting behind the membrane.
- Run your boards the direction you would like for the water to flow. Try not to ever install Aeratis on a waterproof structure with the boards running parallel. This will slow down the water runoff.
- Make sure you do not have any low spots in your framing or plywood sub-floor. This can cause puddles and lead to leaking.
- Never leave any gaps or intentionally gap your Aeratis boards.
- Make sure you run the membrane up any columns or post and then hide the membrane with a base or trim.
- Use stainless steel fasteners.
*All products listed within the waterproof section of the Aeratis installation instructions have been tested to qualify for our recommendation. Deviation from our recommended products and/or utilizing products outside of those listed may result in the project falling short of meeting the requirements for a waterproof application resulting in it’s failure to meet the minimum standards to maintain the Aeratis product performance warranty.